With the traditional festive racing calendar on hold, SOAR X The Run Yard Coach Matt is back to set us a lung-busting middle-distance time trial challenge instead.
Blow away the Christmas cobwebs between December 25th and January 1st with the SOAR X TRY Novel Noel Time Trial. A chance to test your fitness over a rarely run distance, as well as an opportunity to earn yourself some fresh SOAR kit for the new year.
The SOAR X TRY Novel Noel Time Trial (2,500m)
As set by Coach Matt Yates:
- Take your 5km PB, or the 5km shape you estimate you are currently in, then deduct 30 seconds, then divide by 2. E.g. 20 minute PB = 19:30/2 = 9:45. This is your 2,500m target time.
- Get changed into your SOAR kit.
- Conduct the TRY warm up mobility exercises (we'll share a video of these in the WhatsApp group).
- Jog for 8-11 minutes.
- On a flat, straight, well surfaced road or path run your 2,500m Time Trial, targeting your 5km PB time - 30 seconds / 2. Get your target KM pace written on the back of your hands if needs be and focus on hitting those splits.
- Take a good 10 - 20 minute warm down jog and an opportunity to think back through your performance, how you paced it and what it taught you.
- Return home to recommence festive overindulgence.
Your time trial must be run between December 25th and January 1st.
Good luck, and as always - run well.
Join our dedicated SOAR X TRY Training WhatsApp Group here to share your training experiences, questions and running chat with the SOAR Training Community.
How to Win
We're giving one winner the chance to win the entire value of the SOAR kit they run the time trial in back as a SOAR Gift Voucher.
Plus, 3 runners-up will each win a brand new Lightweight Cap 2.0
To be in with a chance of winning you must either -
- Share a picture of yourself before, during or after your time trial on Instagram tagging @soar_running and @the_run_yard
- Join the SOAR X TRY Training WhatsApp Group and share a picture of yourself before, during or after your time trial plus your activity on Strava
The winner will be selected by Coach Matt and won't be based on speed of the time achieved, but rather the spirit in which the athlete has approached the challenge.
Your time trial must be run between December 25th and January 1st to be eligible for a prize.
P.S. Looking for some festive reading? Why not check-out our interview with Olympian and The Run Yard Head Coach Matt from back in the summer here.